October 18, 2011

My Excused Absence

Well, it's been a bit since I've been on here.  And, amazingly enough, I had a good reason!  Looking back, the last post on here related to that adulty thing we were doing.  Well, we did it.


As I write this, I am sitting on my completely pattern-less gray couch, looking at my new windows (cause the others were literally falling out of the house), surrounded by my peaceful, "Rainwashed" walls, and listening to the kids pick through the fridge.  Apparently dinner wasn't a hit.  We are here.


But.  Cause there is always a but.  It is soo not done.  If my eyes stray the least bit upward, I am gazing at not one, not two, but six different sets of wires poking from the ceiling.  Yes, in a normal, finished home, these would have lights attached to them.  Not in this one.  Again, too much commitment.  I can't find the perfect light, so I just won't have one at all.  I bought new lamps I absolutely love, so, really, overhead lighting is just not necessary.


I have unpacked more boxes than I can count.  I have found memories I thought were lost forever...a wooden box full of rose petals from my papaw before he died, photos of my dear aunt, and cards from the kids when they were babes who loved me to the moon and back.  Of course, something must be lost in the move, right.  Isn't it some required rite-of-passage that something must disappear?  You would think it would be a toothbrush, maybe. Perhaps a pair of shoes?  What did we lose?  The comforter for our bed.  A really large KING size comforter.  How?  Just...HOW?


In the midst of all this, I decided it would be a great time to start a new job.  Again, this is what sane people do.  So, two weeks after closing on the new house, while living with my husband and our three children at my in-laws house, I started from scratch.  New everything.  Yikes!


So, here we sit, months after my last post, with a new address and a new employer. Life is sweet.  I miss my old peeps, but I've added some amazing new people to my life.  Our house sits on a cul-de-sac, and everyday I hear the joyful sounds of multiple children playing in our yard.  It's the wish we had for a very long time...and now we get to live it to its fullest!  Hope that makes up for the absence!  

No comments:

Post a Comment